Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How to Complain against Colleges or Universities?


Why should you be paying your parents' hard-earned money to some ruthless businessmen running colleges with no infrastructure or qualified faculty?
  1. AICTE has introduced an Online Complaint Form - For details, click on the following link 
  2. Tamil Nadu - A special number has been introduced for complaints against colleges - 044 - 28440961. I want to let you know that I had called up this number and found that there were officers ready to take up complaints.
  3. If you are unable to reach anyone on 044-28440961, call up 044 - 28445570 or 044 - 28446486.
  4. Anywhere in India - The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has also started probing complaints of inadequate infrastructure and junk faculty in many private colleges. Complaints could be lodged through ‘'.

AICTE approved institutions - Colleges including Deemed Universities
  • SHOULD NOT charge high fees more than what has been prescribed. For example - In Tamil Nadu, for seats filled through the government’s counselling system, the fee would be Rs. 32,500 a year, while students applying through the management quota of self-financing colleges would be charged Rs. 62,500 a year. IF YOU ARE PAYING MORE THAN THIS AMOUNT, THEN YOU MUST COMPLAIN.
  • SHOULD NOT "sell" seats through capitation fee.
  • SHOULD NOT admit students long before actual start of an academic session.
  • SHOULD NOT retain ORIGINAL certificates from students.
  • SHOULD NOT confiscate full fee in case the student decides to join another institute. The entire fee, after deduction of processing fee of not more than Rs.1000 SHOULD be refunded.

AICTE - Online Complaint & Tracking form


AICTE has introduced an online form for students and parents to complain against institutions.

Once all details are entered and submitted, you get a Grievance Number which can be used to track the status of your complaint.

Click on the link below

(Use an Internet Explorer browser. I am experiencing problems with a Firefox browser.)
If the link does not open, go to and click on "Grievance". This will open a new window with a form.

Look at the Screenshot below